Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/19/2005 11:24:36 PM EDT
Can anyone tell me what an Eotech 552 weighs with the batteries and LaRue mount?  I believe their website says 11.5oz for the 552, but I'm not sure of this is with or without the batteries and I don't have a LaRue mount handy either.  Thanks
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:40:45 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:25:03 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me what an Eotech 552 weighs with the batteries and LaRue mount?  I believe their website says 11.5oz for the 552, but I'm not sure of this is with or without the batteries and I don't have a LaRue mount handy either.  Thanks

All weights in US Ounces.

EOTech 552 (AA battery version) 11.38
LaRue EOTech Mount                        3.00
GG&G Accucam Quick Detach EOTech Mount  3.00
Std EOTech Thumb Screw          0.20
YHM Large Head EOTech Screw  0.50
Batteries, AA, Alkaline (pair)  1.60
Batteries, AA, Lithium (pair)  1.00

So for your combination: 11.38 + 3.0 + 1.6 (alkaline) = 15.98 oz
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:34:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 8:54:37 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I do not see how the LaRue & the GG&G mount can weight the same.

The LaRue I weighed myself, and I received a number from Grant prior to purchasing one (they agree).

The GG&G data I got from a poster here as I do not have access to one.  My best guess is while LaRue uses lightweight aluminum, GG&G uses steel instead (less parts, but they are heavier).

Anyone else have some data on the GG&G unit?
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the replies.  I'm trying to lighten up my rifle and was currious about the weight differences between the Eotech and Aimpont optics including the Larue mounts.  The aimpoint weighs in at about 10oz with the battery and LaRue cantilever mount for those who may be interested--about 6oz in weight savings.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top