Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/17/2005 4:46:38 PM EDT
Which one is better for mounting a Super Sniper scope on a flatop upper, the tall or medium height 22 Arms mount?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 12:34:10 AM EDT
[#1]
If you're mounting the rings straight onto the upper, then you'll be wanting the 22H (High) rings; they will place the scope at the same height as irons, so there is no change in cheek weld.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:28:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 6:51:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:26:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I've currently got #22med rings on my SS...it's on my DPMS .308, which has a slightly higher than normal flat top.  

Just last night, I took that setup on put it on a standard flat top...and it did require me to mash my face down on the stock a little bit to get a good look through the scope....so I'd suggest going with the high ARMS rings.  

If you have the $$, the LaRue is a sweet mount.  No worries about them getting loose down the road, and moving the scope forward is a bonus.  
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:38:32 AM EDT
[#5]
ARMS and many others make swan sleeve mounts that let you place the scope forward for proper eye relief.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 9:41:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Is the A.R.M.S. issue with loosening rings just myth, or is there evidence. And were the loosening rings caused from human mistake when putting them on, or is it a repeatable problem prevelant with all of A.R.M.S. rings.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 10:08:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Personally I've never had a problem with arms gear loosening up. My EO tech OTOH....

Quoted:
Is the A.R.M.S. issue with loosening rings just myth, or is there evidence. And were the loosening rings caused from human mistake when putting them on, or is it a repeatable problem prevelant with all of A.R.M.S. rings.

Link Posted: 9/19/2005 11:26:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Is the A.R.M.S. issue with loosening rings just myth, or is there evidence.

I think the real problem is the tolerance of the rail where the ARMS product is being mounted.  I've put the same ARMS mounts on several different receivers.  Some were tight, some allowed the mount to wiggle.

The Larue concept is more sound as it allows adjustment to the target rail.  Let's face it.  I have no doubts that when the military rejects parts, those parts sometimes find their way into the civilian market.
Link Posted: 9/19/2005 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:31:45 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

I have an ARMS Aimpoint mount that is loose enough on one particular rifle to move back and forth...it's tight on 5 other rifles.  

I have a set of ARMS 22 rings that very easy to clamp on...there's almost no resistance when you flip the levers.  The scope is still rock solid on the flat top, with no hint of movement.  

I can say, though, that the LaRue mounts do offer the ability to tighten them to make up for the differences between uppers, and in case they ever get loose.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top