Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/16/2005 4:29:34 PM EDT
i am currently serving in Irag and am wondering if anyone out there could tell me what is a good cover for the acog.  or should i go with flip up scope covers.  i am currently a squad designated marksman and have the acog on my m4.  not the best setup in the world but i am tryin to find a m16a4 or a m14.  i will make do for now.  unfortunately my supply issued us the acog without covers and i am having a hell of a time finding some.  its hard to get them over here without knowing what to look for. so i decided to go to my brothers in arms and ask the question.  

Sgt Z
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:26:40 PM EDT
[#1]
probably the best thing would be the trijicon bikini covers

get with one of the dealers here like grant@gandrtactical or mike@csgunworks im sure they will hook you up!

you can find them in the industry forum
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 11:42:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Here is a link for a description of the Scopecoat covers.  With all the sand these would be your best bet.  Try [email protected].  Industry partner and Great guy!

www.trijicon.com/user/parts/products1.cfm?PartID=431&back_row=3&categoryID=3

Good luck and be safe over there!
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 5:24:05 AM EDT
[#3]

I've got a see-through Butler Creek flip-up on the eye piece of my TA11 and use a kill flash on the front.  

IMHO the bikini is your best bet to keep the sand off your lenses.  You can tie it to your ACOG and let it hang off the side so you won't lose it as easily as a scopecoat.

Thanks for your service.  
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 10:51:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top