Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/15/2005 7:50:35 PM EDT
BURRIS XTREME TACTICAL 3-12X50 SCOPE (PLEX RETICLE)

First let me start off by saying that I was skeptical about spending almost $700 on a scope that I had never handled or used before.   The major deciding factor for me to buy the scope without a hands on was the kind of feedback and quality associated with the Black Diamond series of Scopes that are made by Burris.  I respect the Burris name and never thought it would be anything sub-par.

Upon first inspection of the scope, it seems to be built like a tank.  It's very heavy and seems to be well constructed.  Secondly, I tested the target knobs.  The clicks were very distinct and they weren't too loose or to tight.  The scope actually comes with an extra set of dials, which I though to be a nice touch.  The glass is very clear and the reticle ( I got the duplex, I don't do much with mil-dot scopes) is very well defined.  

Now comes the things I found to be a bit nerve-racking or, in the second instance, even angering.   First, the whole eye piece is connected to the maginfication ring and it moves when you adjust the magnification, thus making a Butler creek flip cover very hard to use.  So, me being the bright individual that I am, tried to put one on it anyway, and quickly realized it wasn't going to work.  So I took it off, but in doing so, ripped the rubber ring that covers the rear focus ring off (it's just glued on, it would have come off eventually anyway).  This really angered me and I came close to losing it right then and there.  You would think that if a company took the time to manufacture an "Xtreme Tactical" scope, they would secure something tight enough that a kindergartner, let alone a grown man, couldn't rip off in the first 5 minutes of handling the scope.  

Of course I do realize, kindergartners can be a force to be reckoned with.

All in all I think it's well built, at least upon first impression.  The only things I see that may need to be rectified are the rubber ring and maybe seperating the eyepiece from the maginification adjusment ring

I'm taking this badboy to the range on Saturday......a full report will be sure to follow

MARINE2F2  OUT

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top