Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 7:40:59 PM EDT
I need a scope for varmint hunting and just get some use out of my flat top. I believe in getting what you pay for so I dont care about price all that much. I'm thinking about these three scopes:

* IOR 2-12x32 Illuminated (I know it's not really a varmint scope but I like it because it's kind of compact)

* Leupold vari xlll lrt 4.5-14x50 Illuminated M1 or M3 mill dot ( I own one in 3.5-10x40 m3 mill dot so this scope I'm familiar with the outher two I don't know about)

*Night force nxs 3.5-15x50 Illuminated with np-r11

I'd like to know good and bad about these scopes if anyone has had any experiances whith them.
One more would be an ACOG for hunting varmints say from 0 - 300 yds. Any model recomandations? Thankshug.gif
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:35:45 AM EDT
[#1]
to start i do not own or have used any leupold or ior enough to make judgement.

i do own and use a nightforce and a few acogs.

i personally would mount an acog with an illuminated reticel for hunting that would require a lot of moving/chasing since there is no mag ring to hassle with and the reticle would be easier to to pickup.

for sitting in a stand or being stationed then the nightforce would work there.

both have a nice clear glass and are great scopes.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top