Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:40:47 PM EDT
I have had my eotech for some time now and I chose to mount it on top of the carry handle. The main reason I did this is because the tactical team I am a member of regulary trains with gas masks on. With the eotech on top of the carry handle I can easily sight my target thru the eotech sight. For sometime now I have seen numerous postings on various internet sites advising that the mounting of an eotech on top of the carry handle is a poor practice. Some of the posts I have read have said that the distance between the eotech on the carry handle and the bore axis is too great. I have emailed Eotech with this question and they stated that it not a poor practice to mount the sight on top of the carry handle. They recommend tactical teams that have A2 Uppers and use and train with gas masks to mount the eotech on the carry handle. So I guess my question is why are there so many people against mounting the eotech on the carry handle. I have not noticed any problems. The only thing the operator needs to be mindful of is when you are shooting at the 10 or 15 yard line the shooter must adjust his sight picture to accomodate the difference in distance between the eotech sight and the bore axis. Anyone esle out there have any thoughts???
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 7:55:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Because the closer to the barrel, the better.   There are simply better options out there than mounting it that high.

On the same note, what works for you may not work for others.  Not everyone needs to worry about a gas mask.  If you do, then set up your rifle accordingly, and dont worry what anyone else thinks, because it doesnt matter.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
The mission drives the gear. 99% of people here should not mount their EOTechs on the carry handle because thats a poor option for people who shoot in tshirts. You wear a gas mask, and as such have good reason to use your EOTech like that.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top