Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/12/2005 4:54:54 PM EDT
I figure since I probably will never touch the sight after initial sight in, and I'm not a fan of rail mounted flip fronts, this may be the way to go over a PRI since the thing is much more expensive than the YHM.

Anyone using one?  If so, how do you like it?  I really can't see spending the extra money on a PRI flip front, but if it is significantly better, then I'd rather do it right the first time.

Thanks guys,
Scott

Also, just to make clear, I am referring to the YHM and PRI gas block flip ups, not the rail mounted flip ups.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 6:47:16 PM EDT
[#1]
If by YHM you mean the YHM9364 sight in the Bushmaster catalog, I have one installed on a Varmint Special. I first installed it during hunting season of last year with some guys waiting to sight in their deer rifles (only 2 positions to use), so I didn't take a lot of time. It's a little tricky- you have to tighten it just enough to be able to move it, since there are no reference marks to go by, just trial and error. I shot 8 or 10 rounds and wasn't getting close so gave up. Next time I tried I was alone and unhurried. After three rounds, it was right on.

I like it. Once installed it does the job.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#2]
YHM-9394 is what I am referring to.  Its the flip front/gas block combination.

Looks like a solid setup, but I am unsure if its solid enough.  I do NOT plan on beating this rifle up, but if the situation arises, I want to make sure it will be there when I need it, and make sure its not going to move based on the way it mounts, since it looks as if it clamps around the barrel...although if troy can make a rail system using that attachment method...I'm sure YHM can make a solid front sight setup that way too.

Link Posted: 9/13/2005 4:04:57 AM EDT
[#3]
check out denny's recon thread in the ee and in the ar discussion forums

there are plenty of guys using the yhm/bayo lug gas block on their recce/recon's
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:35:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have the gas block model on my patrol rifle (co witness with aimpoint) and have had zero problems with it. I also had slight difficulty with sight in after install, but no big deal... just take a deep breath and count to ten. I installed the 24/7 big dot front post in it and am very satisfied.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top