Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/9/2005 1:17:43 PM EDT
Alright I need the help of the members to narrow my choice of an optic down to "1".  My choices are the Eotech 512 and the Aimpoint Comp M3.  Somebody anybody help me out.  What would you recommend folks?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:11:58 PM EDT
[#1]
What are you going to use it for?

Max range you'll have access to?

Do you like single dot or the dot/MOA ring?

You can't go wrong with either, but the EOTech is made in the USA.

I like my 512, personally.

WIZZO

EDIT: A little bait.

Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
What do ya' have against the Swedes?!

Have you tried both?
That will likely give you the "final" answer...

(I'm still waiting to fiddle around with an EO, but the ML2 hasn't dissapointed me at all.)
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:27:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Why the 512 ratehr than the 550 or 552?

Simon
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:44:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't know but, for me the Aimpoint is the only choice. I own 4 of them.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:52:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:47:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Aimpoint, buy it from Grant, he also sells EOtechs, either way grant is the way to go.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 8:56:37 PM EDT
[#7]
i have two aimpoints.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 9:15:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have 2 Eothingy 552s.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 1:55:11 AM EDT
[#9]
I don't have any nvg's so I thought I may as well get the 512.  I will be using this for LEO Training on my own time so I figured I won't be using nvg's.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#10]
I have 2 aimpoints but Im wanting to try a Eotech!
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 11:29:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Was issued an Aimpoint, and used it successfully for years.  I recently bought an EO Tech, and am very happy with it.  Both are great, but most of what I do is up close in low light.  For me, the EO is faster and easier to find (put big circle on taget and do your thing).  Also, the smaller center dot makes longer range stuff easier.  Add to that the lower cost and not having to buy a mount, and it's an easy choice IMO.  I know that battery life isn't as good, but I throw a handfull of AA's in my rifle bag, and am set up for years (my dept has hundreds of AA's lying around, and few 1/3N batteries - if any).  Also, I don't know how many times I left my Aimpoint on a high setting in the bag for days on end (because I'm stupid).  While the battery never ran out - ever - I like the fact that the EO tech turns itself off.  Also, two of our Aimpoints had to be sent back to the factory to get the switch replaced (wouldn't work at all - bad).  Went smooth, Aimpoint was great, but they are not indestructible as lots of folks would have you believe.  From a guy who has used both, right now I lean toward the EO.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 3:21:43 PM EDT
[#12]
I think we have a winner.  Eotech will be my optic of choice.  Don't get me wrong I will still grab up  an aimpoint, but for the training that I will be doing I think that this is what I need at this time.  Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top