Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:28:44 PM EDT
What is the difference between the Holosight and the EOTech???  Is one paying a royalty to the other???
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:34:12 PM EDT
[#1]
The Bushnell does not have the armored housing that shrouds the sight from damage. i also believe it is not as weather resistant/ waterproof.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:53:29 PM EDT
[#2]
the bushnell is more of a hunting/sporting version and the eotech being mil/leo
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:06:57 AM EDT
[#3]
according to a dealer i talked to, they are made by the same company.., practically no difference except for the "Roll Bar"
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:22:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
according to a dealer i talked to, they are made by the same company.., practically no difference except for the "Roll Bar"

thats what I heard as well. I have owned both. Just picked up a Holosight. There is no difference except a great price drop. I not worried about zombies that much to pay the extra $$ for a roll bar.
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:32:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 6:37:10 PM EDT
[#6]
he is right
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:29:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks fellas!!  Yawl are the best!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 8:33:42 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The EoTech 502 and the Bushnell is the same thing.  EoTech make the Bushnell sight that looks like the EoTech.  

Mike @ CSGW

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]

Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

This is 100% fact! Got the same info from a guy that works for the company.
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 12:26:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#10]
The rollbar might not be needed for some people, but I want it.

I'm not one of those people that trashes stuff...............on purpose. It just happens. $320 (what I paid for my 512) is a big investment and I want to make sure it is protected. Sure, the Bushnell costs less, but it's still not pennies on the dollar compared to the EOTech.

Just my opinion. Rollbars are good

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:08:41 AM EDT
[#11]
i've never actually seen (in person) an eotech. Is the rollbar made onto it, or can it be detached. If detachment is an option, does EOtech offer a replacement rollbar? If so why not buy the bushnell and slap on the rollbar?

just a thought,
jerry
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:54:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I am pretty sure that I read in my 512 instruction manual that if you detach the rollbar, you will void yur warranty, so I highly doubt that they offer a replacement rollbar. If I was to spend the money again I would still go with the 512 instead of the holosight.  It really isn't that much more money, but that rollbar really is beefy.

Andy
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:27:31 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

what's the rollbar?  The metal casing???
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:13:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

what's the rollbar?  The metal casing???

In this pic, the sticker is on the "Rollbar".

You can see that it surrounds the window of the EOTech and protects it from damage.

Here's another pic. The rollbar is held on by 2 screws on each side.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 1:05:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Wizzo what brand of BUIS is that on your AR?  Also besides longer battery life are there any other unmentioned benefits to the larter Eotechs?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 10:38:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:24:49 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Wizzo what brand of BUIS is that on your AR?  Also besides longer battery life are there any other unmentioned benefits to the larter Eotechs?

CSGunWorks is correct, it's an ARMS #40.

You get better battery life and easy-to-find batteries.

The AA's are said to stand up better to temperature extremes too.

That was a big thing that made me swing towards the 512. It gets pretty hot around here in the summer, and it gets pretty cold in the winter. Since I WILL be out shooting, no matter what the thermometer says, I needed the AA. We'll se how it does this winter while hunting coyotes.

WIZZO
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top