Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2005 5:16:47 AM EDT
Hi all;

First, I ask that you be kind... I'm very new to all things AR15!  

I recently got a Rock River Arms "Entry Level Tactical", which has RRA's "Elevated Optical Platform".   As those knowledgeable among you alreaady know, this "EOP" is a detachable rear sight built onto a 1" riser block.

I've seen one fellow that put an Eotech on the Weaver rail in front of the rear sight.  But other than this set-up,  I don't understand how a common scope, or a night vision scope can be mounted on the EOP so that the rear sight isn't in the way?

Or, does the detachable rear sight absolutely have to come off and mounting have to be done to the flattop?

Confused,

Jerry.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 6:20:07 AM EDT
[#1]
I wish you luck.

I've advised people against RRA's tac handle/ EOP since they came out.

They just make mounting tough.

If I were you, I'd sell it.  It's designed for the AImpoint, and that's the ONLY optic I know of that it works well with.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 9:32:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks "fight4yourrights",

I was afraid that this was the answer I might get.   Darn.

Do you actually mean just "Aimpoint", or do you mean Aimpoint or Eotechs?

Thanks,

Jerry.
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:44:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 10:49:07 AM EDT
[#4]
When we did the 2001 LEGP rifle purchase here, EVERYONE on this board had a hard-on for the RRA EOP.

I banged my head against the wall asking why - since I was the one that did the Spec sheets for the 2001 & 2002 guns.

NOBODY could tell me what advantage the EOP offered - just that it was "Kewl".

AIMPOINT ONLY, as far as I can discern.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top