Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:29:16 AM EDT
I'm loking for a new spotting scope for range work, and I don't want to spend an arm and a leg-but I do want to see the little holes the AR puts in paper.  Can I get some recommendations as to suggested magnification, brands and models?  I'm looking to spend under $200.00.  Thanks guys.

I did find this thread on search-but if anyone can add anything-it would be appreciated.  Any comments on the Bushnells ?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/search.html?b=3
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 11:57:08 AM EDT
[#1]
For $200, your options for decent glass are limited.

The Burris 20-60X80 Landmark is right around that price.  A buddy has one of their 20X fixed and it is surspisingly good.

Jim Owens, has a starter package from Guardforce for $230.

On EE, someone was selling a Meopta 20-45X70 for $350.  That is a steal!  I personally own this model spotting scope and can not say enough good thingsabout it.

Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:00:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm willing to spend more then $200.00 if that's what it takes-most scopes seem to top out at 45x-is that sufficient -how many yards is that good for at the range assuming decent optics?  Thanks again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Bushnell rules the cheap spotting scopes.  I use mine with some difficulty at 300 yards.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top