AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/3/2005 1:00:49 PM EDT
Will an eotech work with an lmt buis?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm inclined to say yes.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:07:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Nope.  Well, not really nope, it depends on what you have forward of the receiver.  I have a DD forend, an EO 512, and the LMT BUIS, and they will not work together.  The delta ring on the DD is too big for the EO to fit over, so it has to sit further back on the upper.  It leaves no room for the LMT BUIS.  I have not figured out a way to do this as of yet, maybe someone has an idea?  The Larue mount will not work, I was looking at the YHM riser to get the EO high enough over the delta to mount the LMT BUIS.  I would hate to try and sell the LMT and get some other type of rear BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
You might want to look HERE and HERE.

Should answer your question.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:34:18 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you mount a BUIS with the LaRue Mount?  Do you put it directly on the railed portion of the Mount?  Wouldn't this make the sight too high?  If so, then why does LaRue make that part of the mount railed directly behind the EO Tech?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
why does LaRue make that part of the mount railed directly behind the EO Tech?

from another thread...
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 9/8/2005 4:04:45 AM EDT
[#7]
I have an LMT BUIS, and an Eotech 512.  The front end of th 512 extends over my forend by about 1/2" - as stated above, if you have a standard forend, that might be a fitment issue.  

Regards,

Kevin
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top