Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2005 4:17:17 AM EDT
Is the YHM forend rail on the same plane as a mil-spec flattop upper receiver?
Any feedback of pics would be appreciated. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 4:58:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I had a rifle-length two-piece YHM on a Bushmaster A3.  The rails did sit a tad lower than the rail on the receiver.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:20:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Can you define "tad"?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:40:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Well.  I never measured it.   I was just trying to let you know that they were not the same plane.  

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:55:36 AM EDT
[#4]
Gotcha...
But like 1/4", 1/8" that range or more like the 1" or 4 feet?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:27:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Is the YHM forend rail on the same plane as a mil-spec flattop upper receiver?
Any feedback of pics would be appreciated. Thanks!

I don't want to remove my current BUIS because it's zeroed. (not the rail or scope displayed in this pic) To answer your question, it appears to be.  If it isn't it's very very close. Keep in mind there will be some movement of the handguards eventually as things wear. (mine are very tight).  My Tango down front grip fits perfectly, which means they fixed the milspec rail dimension problem.  My YHM FFHG wouldn't accomodate this grip.

I like this rail system and plan on getting the mid length ones for my most recent build.

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 12:52:37 PM EDT
[#6]
I mounted a YHM 2 piece carbine length rail to my LMT A3 upper for "test fit" purposes.  The fit was very snug and the rails certainly did seem to be at the same height.  I got the sense that it wasn't truly aligned, but I couldn't say for sure.  

Then I removed them and gave them to a friend who is perfectly happy with the YHM.  Me, I just put my Knights RAS back on my rifle.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top