Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:43:04 PM EDT
Forgive me if this has been aswered, looked around a bit and am a little unclear on a few things: will a TA31F clear a YHM BUIS on a flattop? / does the eye relief on a TA31F require mounting it far enoujgh back that a BUIS wouldn't fit anyway? / can the YHM be mounted in front (and still be seen with geezer eyes)? / Is there a low profile BUIS designed specifically for (and better for) this application?

If I missed a thread addressing this, please point me in the right direction, appreciate any help or advice
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:19:48 PM EDT
[#1]
what mount will you be using?

if you're using the ta51 which comes installed on the ta31f  then no.

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 5:58:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:29:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I dont think the ACOG will fit over the YHM sight, no matter what mount its in. The YHM uses a traditional A2 app and sits somewhat high when folded.

yankeehill.bizland.com/store/media/YHM-9680.jpg

I have the YHM flip up and yes the ACOG on an ARMS 19 mount will clear it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:13:39 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I dont think the ACOG will fit over the YHM sight, no matter what mount its in. The YHM uses a traditional A2 app and sits somewhat high when folded.

yankeehill.bizland.com/store/media/YHM-9680.jpg

I have the YHM flip up and yes the ACOG on an ARMS 19 mount will clear it.

what i was thinking since i have a ta31 mounted in a 19s which would clear the arms #40
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:22:21 AM EDT
[#5]
i have the "A1" style YHM BUIS and no problems whatsoever mounting my TA31F (on TA51 factory mount) over it....
the aperture has to be flipped one way or the other though....you don't have your choice of which aperture will be in position when it flips up.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top