Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:18:37 PM EDT
I want to put a scope on a Bushmaster Flat Top.  All of the rings I've tried have been too short without using a riser.  I don't see any advantage to bolting on a riser to then bolt rings to.  I looked through the Brownell's catalog, and they show 3 one piece ring/base sets.  One is by B Square at $81.95, the second is by American Spirit Arms at $89.95, and the third is by M&A at $56.88.

Anyone have any experience and opinion on these mounts?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:46:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I replied to another member recently about the rings I used.  But, I think you will like the Warne extra high Q.D. rings.  They are solid steel and will set your reticle at the same height as a standard A2 carry handle iron sight.  I'm not good with pictures, etc. but try the Warne website or Lock, Stock, and Barrel, where I bought mine for about $70.   They make a clean, solid set up and I couldn't agree with you more about stacking risers and such with the ARMS set-ups.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#3]
How far forward on the rail can these mounts be attached?  I need to mount a scope with the objective lens about even with the charging handle.  The photo looks like the "ring" part of the mount might slide foward of the upper receiver.  Is this true?  Thanks.

-John
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#4]
+1 on what Ladonia asked.

Also, do they put the eyepiece high enough to clear, say, an AMRS #40 BUIS?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:45:23 PM EDT
[#5]
The RRA Hi-Riser mount works well on my (Bushmaster) flattop with a 3-9x40 normal size scope.  4 cap screws attach the top half of each ring and the height is just right for me.  

RRA Hi-Rise scope mount link
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#6]
+1 on the Warne ultra high rings.

They worked on my Mueller 4-16X50 although they just barely cleared my Troy BUIS.  I did also get enough eye relief with them as well.

Good luck.

Seydou
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:28:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Try RBPrecision and get a one piece scope mount for $43.50. I have 2 4x16 Sightrons mounted on two flattops and the occular is just behind the charging handle. They also have dimensions listed if you want to measure out for your uses.

www.rbprecision.com/rock_river_arms_ar15_rifles.htm

click on the scopemounts/rails link.

They will also clear the ARMS 40 with my scopes but just barely.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:54:39 AM EDT
[#8]
I needed a cheap set of rings to try out on a flat top receiver. Found a set of Millett scope rings p/n AL00722. They fit the AR15 flat top and are x-high. Put the scope right up where I needed it. Cost $25.00 from Clarks Guns and Ammo.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
SPR 1.93 form Larue?
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:48:13 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The RRA Hi-Riser mount works well on my (Bushmaster) flattop with a 3-9x40 normal size scope.  4 cap screws attach the top half of each ring and the height is just right for me.  

RRA Hi-Rise scope mount link

My local fun shop had these for $38.00 (RRA one piece riser with integral 1" rings)....seemed real solid and good quality for that price. I've had the Warne rings (204LM) ultra-high...they are perfect height and have the throw levers...nice, but very, very heavy steel rings....they are bullet proof....same shop carried those for $69.00

YMMV

roy d
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top