Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2005 2:58:03 AM EDT
I've been looking around the net looking for a 3-9x40mm Nikon monarch, and despite Nikon only listing one scope with this description on their official website, I've seen two different kinds in the pictures online (and nothing in their descriptions to readily set them apart):

The top one looks like it has lower adjustment knobs and fine serrations on the eyepiece near the magnification adjustment. The bottom one has taller adjustment knobs and has fatter serrations on the rear of the eyepiece rather than near the magnification adjustment.

Each of these pics are paired with an asking price of around $300. Are some of these sellers just using the wrong image with their listing of "3-9x40mm Monarch"? Is one just a newer version of the same scope? Is one *better*?

All other things being equal I think the first picture just looks aesthetically better.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:55:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Update: nevermind, decided I'd give that 10x Super Sniper a whirl instead
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top