Site Notices
Posted: 9/1/2005 1:52:17 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:21:00 PM EDT
[#1]
damn thats sweet!!!

need to get me one of those
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, one of these may be in my future...
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:00:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an 900a. The lens is cracked, but it functions flawlessly. I have less than 1 hr on it, the damage was from it being droppd while moved from one storage place to another. Drop me a line if you're interested.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:26:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll always second guess my decision to sell my 900.  I had no problem with the ARMs lever though.  It was actually easier to manipulate than the tight lever on my LR Aimpoint ring.  I trust it better for optics though.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
This mount can be used to replace any ARMS 17 mount?
Dimensionally, height above rail, how do they compare?
Will they make a 17S replacement as well?

Where's Grant when you need him!
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:12:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 9:32:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There's alot of people who are using the excellent Surefire M900/M910 vfg/light combo.

The M900 attaches  via a MIM non-adjustable throwlever.  The M910 attaches to the rail via dual thumbscrews-not exactly quick detachable.  Mark LaRue and his crew have solved the problem and taken care of shooters using both models.  The LaRue "17 Upgrade"

Check it out here

Gee whiz, sure looks a lot like it was COPIED from some other place.  Made in China or here, hard to tell one copier from the other.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:18:44 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice to see a Larue upgrade to the vastly inferior ARMS part.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 10:22:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Nice to see a Larue upgrade to the vastly inferior ARMS part.

YAWN
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:33:26 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:37:09 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:37:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 6:46:57 AM EDT
[#14]
Now I dont have to worry about about rail being eaten up and the chance of the mount breaking.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:20:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:33:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Here we go again
I'm a loyal ARMS customer and have LT products as well, I don't see why anyone needs to hate one to love the other.
As to the LT mount for SF lights, I'll keep the ARMS mount on my three M96x, one M95x, and the M900.  If they develope problems I'll get SF to replace them.  Changing for the sake of change is wasteful (to me).

Yep I've seen an ARMS 19S mount loose on not just the shooter's upper but my own as well.  As to the throw lever breaking, can anyone say the same will NEVER happen to a LaRue lever?  It's difficult to create perfection and 100%, and kind of naive to expect it.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:55:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:04:48 AM EDT
[#18]
C4 I didn't say anyone was forcing us to change
I do like having options though
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:29:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:32:25 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
There's alot of people who are using the excellent Surefire M900/M910 vfg/light combo.

The M900 attaches  via a MIM non-adjustable throwlever.  The M910 attaches to the rail via dual thumbscrews-not exactly quick detachable.  Mark LaRue and his crew have solved the problem and taken care of shooters using both models.  The LaRue "17 Upgrade"

Check it out here

Gee whiz, sure looks a lot like it was COPIED from some other place.  Made in China or here, hard to tell one copier from the other.

I guess if ARMS levers didn't come loose and or snap COMPLETELY off as they are MIM then no one would have to improve upon them.

C4

LaRue levers aren't allowed to break like that.   That type of fracture® has been patented!!

Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:37:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:16:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Maybe 3rdtk should take his troll shit over to 10-8 and see how it works out for him.

He could not do that because he would have to post under his real name.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:04:48 AM EDT
[#23]
Is your real name Devl?
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Actually it is.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 8:20:02 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Maybe 3rdtk should take his troll shit over to 10-8 and see how it works out for him.

IF YOU DONT LIKE TROLLS WHY DO YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME, TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE!  

For the intellectually and engineering challenged,

Go to WWW.GOOGLE.COM and type in Patent and Trademark

Click on United States Patent and Trademark Office Home Page

On left side of page under Patents, click on Search

Click on Quick Search in the green box.

Go to Term 1 and type in Throw Lever in the box and click on Search.

Scroll down to line 45 and click on Buffered Attachment Device.

Scroll down to the heading, Description.  Go 7 lines down below description heading to the highlighted Throw Lever used in Swans Patent dated Nov. 92.

The Tradename was awarded by the Patent office because the term was only utilized for attaching optics, etc., a very clear and encompassing Patent description.  Throw Lever just in the Swan Patent of 13 years ago, was used 11 times.  According to facts presented by the U.S. Patent office your B.S. arguments are not with me.  Tell the Patent office their records are wrong and you know more than them.

If ARMS mounts weren't the top of the line success story, Larue and others wouldn't be trying to mimick them.

I don't work for ARMS, but there is a small element on this website that attack and create nonsense for either profit or an ax to grind, thus this response.

Buy whatever pleases you; I do, but the promotional B.S. needs to be reined in once in a while, by verifiable facts.  Showing a damaged product of some company is easy, but to do so in promotion of another, that is basically a copy of the one damaged, is a pretty ignorant promotion.            Show us a product that can't be broken, then we can be impressed.  Under normal circumstances and use, an M16/ M4 will malfunction before any mount,  we hear it all the time.  Does it mean we shoud discard the real M16/M4's with real  high combat success track record? I think not!
Pomoting knock offs, belongs over in the AIRSOFT AREANA!

Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:19:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 7:03:23 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
If ARMS mounts weren't the top of the line success story, Larue and others wouldn't be trying to mimick them.

And if ARMS mounts were worth their salt in the first place, Larue would never have been asked to develop their improved designs. In addition, within the short amount of time Larue has been in the mount business they have grown their product offering substantially, and continually improved on them as well (new revision Aimpoint ring and locking throw lever for example).

I don't work for ARMS, but there is a small element on this website that attack and create nonsense for either profit or an ax to grind, thus this response.

Go to "Dictionary.com" and type "irony" in the search window. I'm sure new-arguy will be along any minute to lock yet another thread you've steered into the wall.

Stay safe,
Clint
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 9:32:38 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

IF YOU DONT LIKE TROLLS WHY DO YOU DO IT ALL THE TIME, TASTE OF YOUR OWN MEDICINE!  

For the intellectually and engineering challenged,

Go to WWW.GOOGLE.COM and type in Patent and Trademark

Click on United States Patent and Trademark Office Home Page

On left side of page under Patents, click on Search

Click on Quick Search in the green box.

Go to Term 1 and type in Throw Lever in the box and click on Search.

Scroll down to line 45 and click on Buffered Attachment Device.

Scroll down to the heading, Description.  Go 7 lines down below description heading to the highlighted Throw Lever used in Swans Patent dated Nov. 92.

The Tradename was awarded by the Patent office because the term was only utilized for attaching optics, etc., a very clear and encompassing Patent description.  Throw Lever just in the Swan Patent of 13 years ago, was used 11 times.  According to facts presented by the U.S. Patent office your B.S. arguments are not with me.  Tell the Patent office their records are wrong and you know more than them.

Buy whatever pleases you; I do, but the promotional B.S. needs to be reined in once in a while, by verifiable facts.  Showing a damaged product of some company is easy, but to do so in promotion of another, that is basically a copy of the one damaged, is a pretty ignorant promotion.            Show us a product that can't be broken, then we can be impressed.  Under normal circumstances and use, an M16/ M4 will malfunction before any mount,  we hear it all the time.  Does it mean we shoud discard the real M16/M4's with real  high combat success track record? I think not!
Pomoting knock offs, belongs over in the AIRSOFT AREANA!

Three little letters that should never be used in conjunction with firearms...............MIM................

That is all....
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 1:24:34 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:57:19 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
This mount can be used to replace any ARMS 17 mount?
Dimensionally, height above rail, how do they compare?
Will they make a 17S replacement as well?

For those of you in need of this enhancement, the LT171 is very near completion.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top