Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/1/2005 5:01:35 AM EDT
Ive been wanting to get an aimpoint allong with a Larue mount until I seen that Larue mounts cowitness in the lower 1/3 of the glass. What does the Ras 2 mount look like mounted on a flattop? Anyway to get a Larue mount to cowitness an aimpoint in the center?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:19:38 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Ive been wanting to get an aimpoint allong with a Larue mount until I seen that Larue mounts cowitness in the lower 1/3 of the glass. What does the Ras 2 mount look like mounted on a flattop? Anyway to get a Larue mount to cowitness an aimpoint in the center?

well.... its only when you cowitness when the dot is in the lower 1/3....

when you shoot normally.... i doesn't matter...  the dot will be in the center...

i guess i'm just curious why you want your FSB to take up more of your sight picture?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Its going to have the PRI flip up front sight in front of it. I like the idea of a ring inside a ring. Almost like a dead aimpoint could function as a secondary BUIS.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:34:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Not using the RASII.

Why do you want the Aimpoint centered?  Just curious, as there are so many advantages to having it in the lower 1/3.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:35:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:50:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I see the advantage of the irons in the lower 1/3rd, but like the idea of using the aimpoint as a giant rear sight if need be.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:56:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I see the advantage of the irons in the lower 1/3rd, but like the idea of using the aimpoint as a giant rear sight if need be.

For what you're referring to, why not use a fixed BUIS and utilize the Aimpoint in the lower 1/3?  That would give you an actual fixed iron sight, and more of a sight picture.  I'd image the Aimpoint would block most of your FOV doing what you're intending.  Not to disuade you, just playing the advocate.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top