Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:23:22 PM EDT
I was thinking of putting a Trijicon Reflex on my M4gery because it doesn't require batteries but a friend said that they suck because it is hard to see the reticle in them. My original thought was to put an EO Tech 552 on it but the constant on switch kinda irks me. I would like to get some feedback from both scope type owners for the pros and cons of each.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:46:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:04:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a reflex and it is not a bad sight but, the aimpoint and eotech are much better. The reflex must be used with both eyes open. The lens is to dark to sight through. I also think it works better  with a A-2 carry handle mount to put it out over the handguards. It can wash out in some conditions but I have not found that to be a problem.
If you take a look on the EE you can sometimes find one in the $250.00 range. If this is your only sight,go with the Aimpoint or EO Tech. fwiw
edit to add; I've had a comp m and now have a EOTECH 552. THE  552 is a much better all around sight.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:48:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a Reflex RX01 and not to happy with it.  I find that the Reflex dot is difficult to see unless it's a  sunny day.  The dot washes out if pointed towards a light source and at night the dot is "weak" (compared to the day time) and you need to concentrate on it.  The dot doesn't grab your eyes attention like a battery powered optic would.  If I had the $$$ I would buy an Aimpoint and replace the Reflex.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:20:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I use a Reflex, it's a good sight but like anything it has it's +'s and -'s. I have the RX05-14 if I remember right with the smaller dot and I don't have any washout problems. I like the size of the unit, it's always on and at the correct brightness.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:55:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I use a Reflex, it's a good sight but like anything it has it's +'s and -'s. I have the RX05-14 if I remember right with the smaller dot and I don't have any washout problems. I like the size of the unit, it's always on and at the correct brightness.

The Reflex is a KISS sight and built tough but IMHO I think for the same $$$ as an Aimpoint I would choose that instead.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top