Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:29:02 AM EDT
I thought this would be a good place to report this:

Recently I placed an order with Brownell's for, among other things, a pair of cheap aluminum scope rings made by millett.

I intend to use them to secure a light to a picatinny rail.

($8 for 2 rings, and by using 2, the mount will be plenty strong)

Anyway, when i recieved the rings, while mounting them, I stripped one of the screws out. The screws were very soft low-grade screws. I didn't even have them 'snug' much less 'tight'.

I called Brownells to report the problem, and a week or so later, I recieved a package directly from millett containing twelve screws. These were a hiugher-grade cap screw, and while the rings only needed a total of four screws, they sent twelve.

Anyway, I thought that was pretty good service, good enough to make mention of here.

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top