Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/29/2005 2:47:50 AM EDT
I was looking at this photo and was wondering if it'd clear my M4 (Oval) handguards:

I realize the LaRue tube in that picture has a somewhat higher rail than others, but it looks like my M4 handguards would be cutting it pretty close too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:26:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes. It clears my M4 handguards.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:52:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 1:02:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys! (And my wallet thanks you for lessening the amount of cash it has to carry around)
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Question-

How do you mount a BUIS with the LaRue Mount?  The mount has that rail section on the mount itself where you could put your BUIS but if you do that wouldn't it be too high for you to Zero it?  

So, how to you use a BUIS and the LaRue mount?

Pics?
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 5:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]
There is room on the rail behind the LaRue mount.  That section of rail on the mount is for a night vision device, or perhaps a magnifier.
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 6:03:51 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Question-

How do you mount a BUIS with the LaRue Mount?  The mount has that rail section on the mount itself where you could put your BUIS but if you do that wouldn't it be too high for you to Zero it?  

So, how to you use a BUIS and the LaRue mount?

Pics?

I prefer to mount the BUIS off of the LaRue mount. This gives you a "lower third" window
co-witness.  I like that I still have backup capability, but it's out of the middle of the
Eotech window.    Exactly like the photo posted at the top of this.

As mentioned above, the rail on the LaRue mount is for something else.
It is an excellent mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top