Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2005 1:19:08 PM EDT
I am looking at aimpoints 2 MOA red dots. I cant make up my mine between the ML3 and the M3. Help
did some more on aimpoint site. ML3 standard sight, and M3 for night vision device.

from the photos it dont look like the ML3 would work with my pro-mag mount. Thinking on going with ML3 becouse I will never buy night vision equipment

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:47:39 PM EDT
[#1]
Really simple.

-The M3 and M2 work with Night Vision (NV)
-The ML3 and ML2 DO NOT work with Night Vision (NV)

Other than that I think they are 100% the same except the name on the tube in light gray lettering. If you wanna be just like the Army you need a M2 which is the M68.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:59:35 PM EDT
[#2]
This is the mount I am using. It dont look like there is room on the aimpoint to use this mount
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:04:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This is the mount I am using. It dont look like there is room on the aimpoint to use this mountwww.promagindustries.com/images/PM004.jpg

That rubber condom thingy stretches.

If it doesn't stretch enough, take it off. The M3/ML3 should be the same, dimensionally, as the M2/ML2, so after the condom is off there, it should fit any Std. Aimpoint mount.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:35:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That rubber condom thingy stretches.

If it doesn't stretch enough, take it off. The M3/ML3 should be the same, dimensionally, as the M2/ML2, so after the condom is off there, it should fit any Std. Aimpoint mount.

WIZZO

To clarify even further, those "blocks" around the ML3 where you would attach the mount in that pic you posted are part of the rubber "condom thingy" he's talking about. It's removable.

--Josh
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:11:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Really simple.

-The M3 and M2 work with Night Vision (NV)
-The ML3 and ML2 DO NOT work with Night Vision (NV)

Other than that I think they are 100% the same except the name on the tube in light gray lettering. If you wanna be just like the Army you need a M2 which is the M68.

Sorry but you are wrong.  The ML2 WILL work with night vision.  How do I know?  I've done it.  Used an ML2 with a PVS14 for a short time.  It uses an illuminated dot....of course it will work!!

Some people say that if you use the ML2 with a PVS14 you will burn a dot in the intensifier.  That may be true but I have no idea.

Back to the original question....since you don't plan to ever get a NVD, then save the money and go with the ML2.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top