Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:35:43 AM EDT
OK I want a EOTech! Got to Have it! Damn this is a disease! From what I read searching around this forum, It appears everyone is mounting EOTechs on flattops. I would like to hear from anyone that mounted one on a A2 carry handle. What are EOTech’s like mounted on the A2 carry handle? Are they too high to be worth wild? Or do I go with the EOTech  Adjustable Cantilever Co-Witness mount? Is the Adjustable Cantilever Co-Witness mount worth the money? (Appr $140) ? Can I get by with a cheaper gooseneck mount or is the Adjustable the way to go?    I guess I’m having trouble justifying the $140 piece of metal to mount the EOTech….  Hell for  $300 or less I could get a J&T Flat Top Upper? Please Help me decide I’m just trying to explore all options before I order.  I'm going to get a model 510 AA, will the longer  EOTech be a problem?

Thanks Jayme…..

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:04:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Jayme,

I've just been through the same problem with my Eotech.  Although a newcomer to the AR-15 world, here is some info I've come across.

First, mount on top of the A2 handle is undesirable.  It is considered too far from the bore axis.

I purchased the ARMS 39A2 mount, and it is the real deal.  It has a bolt for the hole in the handle top, and a clamp which fits to the front of the handle.  Solid as a rock.

However, it was developed for the Aimpoint.  When the Eotech came along later, you cannot see the front iron sights through the view, and cannot co-witness, of course.

That's no problem to me.  I wasn't especially concerned about co-witness anyway.

Please examine the link below.  You will see that the mount is recommended by Eotech, apparently.  I'm concerned that it only uses one bolt.

http://www.skdtac.com/item.asp?ItemID=SKD2103&PRICE=119.95&CategoryNum=169

You could also send an email, or call Eotech or SKD, etc.

Hope this helps.

I forgot to mention:  If I were more experienced, I would have acquired another upper with a flat top, but have no mechanical ability, etc.

Bill

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Bill thanks for the info....

Yes If I would have knew more when I built my A2 I think  would have built a A3 and have the best of both worlds.... I guess that's why you can't have just one AR.....
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top