Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:06:25 PM EDT
I'm looking for an inexpensive quick release mount that will allow me to take on and off my 3-12x50 scope w/o losing the zero.  What are my options?  I'm coming from the world of AK's where every scope mount is $40 and is quick release w/o losing zero.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:08:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Warne is probably the cheapest...you can pick up a set of Warne QD rings for $40 or so, depending on the height.  

A Rock River Arms one piece scope mount is about $45.  Either of these will do what you want.

You won't need to go real high with the rings since that upper receiver has a raised rail...which means the RRA mount probably isn't ideal...it's very high, even on a regualar flat top receiver.  

I'd just snag a set of Warne Medium QD rings...but you *might* have to go w/ high for that 50mm objective.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:52:39 AM EDT
[#2]
If you keep your eyes open on the EE you can find Armalite one piece ring/mounts for $60 to $75 used and sometimes cheaper.

I have a 30mm mount on my LR and the height is perfect being that the Armalite is slightly lower than the RRA (okay mount but not anywhere near the quality of Armalite). I picked up a set of Delrin 30mm to 1" ring adaptors for it and currently have a Bushnell Elite in it till I find a good deal on a Tasco SS or another decent 30mm optic.

The knobs on the Armalite are large and easy to manipulate and have Delrin inserts to keep them from vibrating loose whcih also makes it so you dont have to crank them hard to hold, perfect zero retention and very good looks, cant beat them.

Jeff
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:57:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I second the Armalite.  Its what I use.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top