Any pics?

Thanks in advance chaps!

Hep
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:41:13 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Will these two work together?

Hep

The Troy mount places the center of the Aimpoint at 1.71" vs 1.61" on the Samson QF mount. It's certainly close enough to work fine, or a 0.1" metal spacer plate for the Samson mount/Aimpoint interface would make up the difference.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:00:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The Troy mount places the center of the Aimpoint at 1.71" vs 1.61" on the Samson QF mount. It's certainly close enough to work fine, or a 0.1" metal spacer plate for the Samson mount/Aimpoint interface would make up the difference.

I take it this "metal spacer plate" you refer to is not being currently offered by anyone, correct? It would just be a simple custom job, right?

That being said, all reports indicated that the 0.1" height differential is inconsequential and does not affect the view through the optic.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:24:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I take it this "metal spacer plate" you refer to is not being currently offered by anyone, correct? It would just be a simple custom job, right?

That being said, all reports indicated that the 0.1" height differential is inconsequential and does not affect the view through the optic.

Yes, a "spacer" plate would be custom, and no, I haven't seen one offered by anyone, but any one with a dremel could easily make such a piece.

I have used my 3X magnifier at the range on another shooter's M4 with a beautiful LT cantilever Aimpoint mount (1.725"), and didn't even see any need to change the dot's position with the magnifier's own adjustments.
Perhaps that is one of the advantages of the Aimpoint magnifier, you can easily switch it from one weapon to another, as there is no need to "zero" anything.
Here is my current setup with the magnifier, pretty much ideal.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:18:28 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone?

Any pics?

Thanks in advance chaps!

Hep

I think the two of these would self destruct if placed on the same rail together!

C4

LOL!

Is the competition that fierce?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:36:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:10:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Anyone?

Any pics?

Thanks in advance chaps!

Hep

I think the two of these would self destruct if placed on the same rail together!

C4

LOL!

Is the competition that fierce?

Its not about competition.

C4

...just the laws of physics? 1 part Samson+ 1 part Troy=Powerful Explosive  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top