Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 7:02:39 PM EDT
I just received my new front and rear flip-up BUIS from Bushmaster.  It appears that theirs are made by Yankee Hill.  The font sight has front-to-back play of about 1/8" and the rear has front-to back play of about 1/16".  I checked with Bushmaster and they say this is normal.  I realize that there may be slight movement, especially when they get a bit more broken-in, but this seems excessive to me.  Anyone have any comments?

-- Ken
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:18:41 PM EDT
[#1]
First off, welcome to the site

One of my AR's has the BMAS front and rear sights. When locked into position there is a slight amount of play. Another one of my AR's has the BMAS low-pro rear flip up, and it has a slight bit of play as well.

How does it shoot/hold zero?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:07:12 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
First off, welcome to the site

One of my AR's has the BMAS front and rear sights. When locked into position there is a slight amount of play. Another one of my AR's has the BMAS low-pro rear flip up, and it has a slight bit of play as well.

How does it shoot/hold zero?

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:51:17 AM EDT
[#3]
The rifle is a brand new Armalite M15A4 flat-top.  I'm just getting it kitted out with BUIS and I've been cruising the other threads regarding red-dot sights to get info for a purchase.  So I haven't fired it yet.

I realize that they're meant to be "backups" and not NM sights.  I wasn't expecting them to have that much play and was wondering if that was really normal, as the Bushmaster folks had said, or not.

Thanks for the replies.

-- Ken
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
just to ease the mind
the arms #40 is held up with spring tension
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Bear in mind also that these BUIS are *not* intended for 1000 yard benchrest rifle accuracy.  I woulnd't imagine that little bit of play will make much difference at the ranges/conditions you're most likely going to be using them.    
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top