Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/25/2005 4:39:04 AM EDT
I see them advertised again, just wondering if they are coming back with a bang, on par or what? I love my circa '86' widefield accutrac. Have not put my new Nikon side by side with it yet.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:46:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Redfield and Simmons are now owned by Meade. There is a pretty good article in this month's Shooting Times about the improvements made in both lines. I really like how they changed the internals with fewer moving parts and the ability to take a pounding.

All Simmons scopes are being made in a Meade-owned plant in China, no more shopping around for scopes on the trader market and slapping a Simmons name on it. Redfields will apparently be assembled in the US from parts from a variety of Meade suppliers. The scopes are supposedly designed by US and German engineers.

The  05 Simmons Master Series Prohunters look like a lot of scope for the money. Redfields are to be the deluxe scopes from Meade.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:52:31 PM EDT
[#3]
A 3x15x 50, Now thats a Scope. Can it do all great, 3-15?

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:05:53 AM EDT
[#4]
http://www.huntingmag.com/hunting_gear/HMview_0805/
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:05:40 PM EDT
[#5]
The site is up  www.redfieldoptics.com/products.htm

Simmon's www.simmonsoptics.com/They put some time into their website, very nice, hope they did same w/ the scopes
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top