Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:46:53 PM EDT
my question is are standard Leupold rings and base good enough, or should I get the super expensive badger ord?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I use a one piece leupold dovetail base and burris signiture rings for my rem 700 vs in .308win and my rem 700 classic in 8mm mauser.  1" tube on the 308 and a 30mm tube on the 8mm.

Yes they are good enough, i have zero problems what so ever.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:40:12 AM EDT
[#2]
+1 on the Burris Signature rings.  Also look into the double-dovetail setup.  Built like a tank, and with the offset ring inserts you can adjust for any crooked drilling on the Remington receiver.

I've set up a few rifles with the double-dovetail, and once installed, you never have to think about it again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:34:06 PM EDT
[#3]
I've got 2 sets of the 20moa Leupy one piece bases on different rifles, and they're fine.  

Iirc on these, the 20moa is for windage, in case you get the poorly drilled receiver.  

Once again, this is a "set it and forget it" arrangement.  

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top