Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/23/2005 7:29:40 PM EDT
Does anyone have any information/has anybody used this scope (or any of its 'relatives')?
http://store1.yimg.com/I/cdnn_1858_550232

I purchased on a week or so ago (for 50 bucks, I thought I'd take the chance...CDNN is 'good folks' in my book, never steered me wrong or failed to accept a returned product!) to try on top of my AR for use in Tactical 3-Gun meets.  Certainly, it's no Leupold or IOR, but it seems to be a servicable, sturdy scope w/descent optics.  It compares favorably with an ATN 2-6x40 I have!  Claims to be nitrogen filled!  Who makes them?  Where?  What would they normally retail for?

Inquiring minds want to know!!!

Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:36:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for info.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:24:59 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm guessing that's made in China, and is probably Airsoft of Paintball gear.  Google "Zos scopes", and one of the first hits is here:

www.packrat-toyz.com/Zos/zos_scopes_&_cases.htm

If it's made in Japan, that's a bonus...but the real question is whether it's intended for real firearms or not.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 11:20:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Zos and REX are the same thing.  Here is their website www.rexoptics.com/index.php .  Here is scope you are looking at www.rexoptics.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=66 .  I asked about this on optics talk and they said to buy a s&b , leupold and so on.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:32:07 AM EDT
[#4]
The 10x40 side focus they show is identical to a Barska (sounds Ruskie but is all the way Chinese). More than likely this scope is made by them as well and almost certainly is Chinese.

I foolishly tryed one of the side focus scope from Sportsmans Guide thinking that even if it gave me decent clarity to 400 yards it would be ok for woodchucks, I really like the side focus idea, well the best layed plans of mice and men the objective focu wouldnt work for anything farther than 200 yards and even then it was still a bit fuzzy and the knobs could not be re-zeroed, otherwise it was decently clear and I would have kept it if it focused, but I knew better and should noit have wasted money on it.

Burris and Bushnell as well as other make a scope similar to what you are looking at for under $100 typically, a lot of guys are using the 1.5-5 shotgun scopes with diamond reticals for what you are wanting with very good results and you will have a halfway decent scope that is clear and repeatable.

Jeff
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top