Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/22/2005 5:03:10 PM EDT
Im looking for a decent NVD. I figure this would be the best place to ask.

I am trying to stay within the $1000-$2000 Category, so PVS-14's are out. I am not sure if I wanna go Goggles or Mono. I like the versitility of a mono but not sure how it is navigating with no depth perception and one eye closed

There are some of the ATN 2gen line that seem pretty decent. I have also been looking at the D-300:

http://www.opticshq.com/page/Optics/CTGY/NVG)

Anyone have any suggestions or personal experience with a lower gen nvd?

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
just to clearify, when your using a mono you don't have your unaided eye closed.  that would be a lot of work to be consantly winking that eye shut.

as for depth perception, that concept is more hype than fact IMO. true, a twin tube goggle will give you more DP but a single tube unit is not bad at all for me. you just need to relax and go with it.

i'll sell you my used pvs7bravos for $2500 if you can scape together a few more bucks. i moved into a pvs14 so never use the 7's anymore.

just don't get a gen1 unit. save some more cash and get a gen2. there are some very nice gen2 mono's out there that give very good performance in all light except total darkness (no moon) and actually are as good as gen3 in lighted urban environments or full moon settings.

these work well,,

www.usnightvision.com/Night_Vision_Products.htm?PID=0000000136
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:19:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top