Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2005 11:02:11 PM EDT
Was thinking about picking one of these up in 3-9X40.  Anyone ever had any experience with them?  I've got a TA-31 already and love it but was wondering if anyone had put one of these through it's trials.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:17:20 AM EDT
[#1]
And then I discovered the Search button h.gif  Seems this topic has been thuroughly covered already.  Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go play in on-coming trafic
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:28:16 AM EDT
[#3]
I had one on a precision AR for a while.  It was not as easy to shoot accurately with it as with a cross hair reticle.  Hold overs were also difficult since the reticle is thick under the aiming point.  They are nice scopes and would work well in some situations.  They are not, however, anything like a TA31.  Best.  Watch-Six
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:39:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks the primary intent for this is going to be on top a Model 10P Savage .308 for hunting use with an expected longest shot of up to 400yds.  Think this will do what I'm looking for? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:34:11 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I you get a Accupoint you will like it probable not as much a your ACOG but they are very nice!  If you need help getting one just let me know.

Just curious, but why do you say that? I've got a TA31 and have done some pretty extensive research on the Accupoints so I'm familiar with the differences between them.

BTW, I have been thinking about doing the same thing the OP is. I like my TA31 but would prefer an optic with more eye relief and, a more precise reticle and at least as much magnification if not more.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:41:50 AM EDT
[#6]

As I understand it the most difficult thing about mounting them is the eye relief but that may not be an issue with the 3x9 model.  IMHO they are very nice scopes...especially for the money.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#7]
IIRC, Hokie loves his 3x9  amber dot Accupoint for deer hunting...if you look at that long thread, I think he mentions it in there.  

I've got an Accupoint in 1.25x4 (thanks Mike!)...I think it's a great scope, and actually managed to get out to the range and get is sighted in yesterday...we FINALLY had a sub 90 degree day hehe.

In higher magnification, though, I might be tempted to get a traditional cross hair style scope.  For the price of the Accupoint, you've got a lot of good choices in the traditional scope arena.  If you think you need some illumination, there are still plenty of choices.  for a couple more $$, those Burris XTR scopes look pretty cool.  Mike can help ya there too!  

I *think* the 3x9 accupoints will style require some forward movement for proper eye relief.  

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
IIRC, Hokie loves his 3x9  amber dot Accupoint for deer hunting...if you look at that long thread, I think he mentions it in there.

Yes, I recall the thread.

In higher magnification, though, I might be tempted to get a traditional cross hair style scope.  For the price of the Accupoint, you've got a lot of good choices in the traditional scope arena.
I guess that depends on what kind of accuracy you're trying to achieve.

If you think you need some illumination, there are still plenty of choices.  for a couple more $$, those Burris XTR scopes look pretty cool.
Well, ya can't beat an illuminated reticule that will never need batteries.

I *think* the 3x9 accupoints will style require some forward movement for proper eye relief.
Yes, they do. If I ever take the leap and get one, it will be mounted with a Larue SPR mount.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top