Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/21/2005 10:10:45 AM EDT
Looking for a decent NV in a Gen 1 Have heard good things about the Aries NV, any truth to it?
If not would appreciate a point in the right direction.

Poor Policeman
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:02:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 9:43:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Tag
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
I too have been looking for affordable and effective Gen. 1 NV. What's the scoop on the Yukons???
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:15:21 PM EDT
[#4]
tag
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 10:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been getting the NVD itch somethin' awful lately as well, but i'm afraid I won't be able to stay true to My Gucci Gear standards when a PVS-14 is $2,500+. My situation leaves me looking at Gen I. devices at under $600.

In My price range I narrowed it down to a AN/PVS-2 refurb(Great big honking VN era starlight scope), A Yukon 1st gen, or the ATN Aries Palidin 390.

Doing some research, it appears that the ATN receives uptmost praise, and is regarded by many over on www.nightvisionforums.com as Thee best Gen I scope.

www.nightvisionmall.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=NVM&Product_Code=WS-MK390-1P-N&Category_Code=WS

Quoted from NV mall:
ATN manufactures the largest line of night vision weapon sights or night vision scopes or just night scopes. The best Gen 1 scope on the marker. We set out design the best 1st Gen scope on the market and we succeeded. We started by improving the optical configurations which lowered the F-stop factor and increased optical resolution. By doing this, more light travels through the lens to the tube. More light and better resolution simply means brighter and sharper image. Then we added our precision "red on green" aiming system, easy push button operation, reticle brightness adjustment and our new detachable, most powerful in the industry 450mw Infrared Illuminator with dedicated windage and elevation adjustments. Our new Aries 390 Paladin is the best 1st. generation scope on the market and outperforms competition models like D-143, AN/PVS-2, DN-140M, Dipol 4100 and Yukon NVRS Gen1. The controls are ergonomically designed and can be used with ease in total darkness. The scope easily mounts onto any US standard 7/8? weaver rail. MK390 Paladin is an excellent tool for varmint hunters against rodents that cause farmers problems. Please, check your local game and fish regulations for legality of use.

THIS IS THE SCOPE! 1ST GENERATION DOES NOT GET ANY BETTER THEN THE ARIES 390 PALADIN. WE SET OUT TO DESIGN THE BEST 1ST GEN SCOPE ON THE MARKET AND WE SUCCEEDED. We started by improving the optical configurations which lowered the F-stop factor and increased optical resolution. By doing this, more light travels through the lens to the tube. More light and better resolution simply means brighter and sharper image. Then we added our precision "red on green" aiming system, easy push button operation, reticle brightness adjustment and our new detachable, most powerful in the industry 450mw Infrared Illuminator with dedicated windage and elevation adjustments. Our new Aries 390 Paladin is the best 1st. generation scope on the market.

Image Intensifier Generation 1
Resolution (Center) 40 LP/MM
Magnification 4X
Lens System F1:1.4, F90mm
FOV 6?
314'
Range of Focus 4M TO INFINITY
Detection Range 2000 meters
Recognition Range 150 meters
Reticle Red on Green
Windage & Elevation 1/8 MOA
Diopter Adjustment +5 to -5
Weather Resistant Yes
Camera/Camcorder Adaptable Yes
IR Illuminator Super 450mw
Battery Type/Life 3V(1) CR123
10-20 HOURS
Dimensions

300 x 100 x 70mm
12" x 4" x 2.8"
Weight 1.3 kg / 2.8 lbs
Operating Temperature -40°C to +40°C
Warranty 2 year

Included Accessories:

* Two Lithium Batteries
   * Special tool/Wrench
   * 450mw Infra-red Illuminator

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:54:54 AM EDT
[#6]
That looks REALLY COOL, but it is a foot long.  Not something I would leave on my carbine all the time.  I wonder what the return to zero is with that mount?  Or if it could be mounted in line with an Aimpint or Eotech when needed?  Or with a visable laser that remains mounted and zeroed so that when the scope is added the laser would confirm the zero, and be used as the point of aim if the zero was off?
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:34:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#8]
The new one made by Weaver looks fantastic. Only $250 and you get nearly Gen4 quality imaging (according to SWAT Magazine)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:13:20 AM EDT
[#9]
Bushnell 26-1020  CSID# 1836
Night Vision 1x20mm Goggle w/Built in Illuminator  
Price: $603.41

Any comments about this nightvision head gear?  Are these clear and bright optics?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#10]
Badaim - which model is that by weaver?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Badaim - which model is that by weaver?

this one

www.weaveroptics.com/nightview/index.html
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:12:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top