Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2005 12:36:34 PM EDT
I purchased a new AR15/M-4 a few days ago and now I am thinking about purchasing an inexpensive scope to do some practice firing at the range. All my targets will be no further than 300 meters. I will not be using my AR for hunting just practice. I am looking at purchasing an authentic colt 4X20 not a knock off. Does anyone have any experience with this scope and any feedback to the degree of quality of this scope? Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 1:28:08 PM EDT
[#1]
The genuine Colt scopes are supposed to be pretty good.

I've only seen a few and they sure as hell weren't cheap. They were bordering on EOTech 511/512 prices.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Why not go with an Aimpoint, EOTech or other high quality reflex sight? Its not hard to lay down and hit a man target with a reflex sight at 300m, and they excel up close. If you want a magnified scope, how about a Leupold? They have excellent glass for their price range.

Then again, I am an aspiring scope snob. My next optic will probably be a Schmidt and Bender short dot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 2:30:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah I looked at Aimpoint scopes and all the others you mentioned. I was leaning more towards the Aimpoint but I really don't feel like spending over $300.00. But why? I’m not hunting animals, I’m not a part of SWAT and I am not in Iraq anymore so why buy a $500.00 plus scope to do occasional target shooting. I just want to do precision target shooting and I was wondering if that authentic colt 4X20 was decent.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:35:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Weeeeeeeelll, the EE has some great prices for Aimpoints and ML2s now cross around $325
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top