Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2005 10:15:36 AM EDT
Did a search and came up short, so I have to ask those who have had experience with millet scopes to chime in.

What do you think about them overall?  1 being Crap to 10 being Quality.

TIA
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:07:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:29:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Millet is a long-time rifle and shotgun sight maker. Since growth in this market is limited, they have branched out into scope mounts, rings and now they are importing their own line of scopes. Millett reportedly has no scope repair facilities; they handle all returns by replacement. The lower end Silver line is from China and buyers of this model should test the scope for flare. The Gold model is their top model, and the Lightening version of it illuminates the crosshairs red or green.

www.charm.net/~kmarsh/brand.html
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I was poking around last night on the 'net...came accross an article by a guy who *really* liked the 3x9x40 Silver Buck, calling it the best $69 scope out there...he was kind of ambivilent about the other Milletts.  IIRC he seemed to think the Gold models were all overpriced for what you get.  

He talked about other scopes as well...when I get home, I can put the link up if you're interested.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:47:54 AM EDT
[#4]
Well, I took the gamble.

Millet has a new 6-25X56 model with a 30mm main tube, side parallax adjustment and mil-dot reticle.  Midway has them on sale for $330.  Not sure about quality yet, but I can't even come close to touching a Burris with the same specs at that price, let alone a Leupold.

Hopefully after the summer season starts to wain, I will have some time to do a side by side comparison with my Leupold LR/T M1 8.5-25X50 Mil-Dot.  Wish me luck.  

Link Posted: 8/20/2005 10:53:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top