Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/19/2005 6:54:08 AM EDT
Has any one used this scope? is it clear at 18x power?

http://www.riflescopes.com/products/618X65LU/new_atn_6-18x65_professional_30mm_riflescope.htm
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Has any one used this scope? is it clear at 18x power?

www.riflescopes.com/products/618X65LU/new_atn_6-18x65_professional_30mm_riflescope.htm

Made link hot.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:26:01 AM EDT
[#2]
ATNs are not well thought of by most folks here.  

For that kind of $$, you could get a MUCH better scope.  

A Weaver Grand Slam 6x20x40 would run rings 'round that thing in terms of brightness, clarity, and image quality, for $100 less.  

I'm saying that w/o having seen that ATN scope...but unless they're building something completely different in terms of quality, I'd be leery of spending that kind of $$ on something that's unproven.  

For a little less, you're looking at a Leupold Vari X 2 6x18x40.  I doubt there is ANYONE on here that wouldn't take the Leupy over the ATN.  Even a Burris Fullfield II in 6.5x20x50 with target knobs is cheaper than that ATN.  Bushnell Elite 4200 is another great scope for less $$ than the ATN...a 4x16x40 is ony $418 at SWFA.

Seriously, for that kind of money, I wound't dream of getting the ATN with those other choices, period.  YMMV, but that's my advice.

EDIT:  There is a used 4300 Elite 4x16x40 for sale right now in the EE,  on page 4, for $350 shipped.  I'd take a look at it.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top