Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:17:37 PM EDT
I'm trying to figure out which BUIS to get ... it would seem that most are adjustable for elevation and only a very few for windage.  Is there any substantial advantage to being adjustable for windage???
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 3:47:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Actually. I believe it is the other way around: most are made for windage but not for elevation - they use the front sight for that.  If they weren't adjustable for windage, you would have a heck of a time trying to time the barrel to dial it in, shimming the rear sight to the rail or knocking the FSB into alignment with a hammer
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:05:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:07:56 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Njanear is correct.  Most BUIS have windage adjustment, but no elevation adjustment.  Why do you need elevation adjustment for a BACK UP Iron Sight?  It is just one more thing to get screwed up.

Are you wanting a flip-up or a fixed BUIS?  I really like the Tryo flip-ups.  BUilt like a tank.  Windage adjustment knob won't get accidentally "adjusted".  Very fast to deploy.

For a fixed BUIS I love the LaRue.  Doesn't take up too much space.  Has adjustable quick release lever.  QD lever is on the right side so it does not interfere with the charging handle.

agree with BH on the choices of buis
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:50:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Duh (slapping my own head) ...    I think I'm going to go with a folding back-up sight.  I've a Aimpoint clone as the primary sight ... so the back-up will be just that if the battery goes TU.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 9:31:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, after reading the comments here on AR15 ... I placed an order for a TROY BUIS ... so, we'll see!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:24:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top