Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/18/2005 5:24:55 PM EDT
I've been thinking of mounting an IOR Valdada scope with a Larue Tactical SPR scope mount onto a flat top with a normal FSB.  I've never looked through a scope on a flat top  AR before, and was curious if I will see the FSB when I look through the scope.

Sooo... will the FSB be visible when I look through the scope?  Will it be blurred, or will it not be visible at all.

TIA
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:32:30 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that at less than 3x, yes.  At more than 3x, no.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 6:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'm sure I'll be corrected if I'm wrong, but my understanding is that at less than 3x, yes.  At more than 3x, no.

Basically yes.

I put a 2.5x10 BSA on my flattop just to see what it would look like. I could see a faint gray shadow at 2.5, but higher than that was not an issue.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#3]
at 3.5 - 10x, I don't see it
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:45:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I get a faint gray with my TA31F mounted. Doesnt bother me though
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 9:25:20 PM EDT
[#5]
If you pull back a little and look for the FSB you will see it.  If you are in the middle of a shooting string you will never notice it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 4:11:35 AM EDT
[#6]
with my 4x ta31 and ta31f i see a faint blur of the front sight, but this is only when i intentionally look for it.

but dont see it when shooting.
the higher the mag the less of a blur the front sight will be
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top