Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/17/2005 5:37:17 AM EDT
Hi, all! Does any of you have experience with this mount?

http://www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/Store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=12772&title=AR-15%2fAR-10+STEEL+EXTENDER%2fRISER

I need to mount optics with both 1" and 30mm tubes.

Storegnu
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:35:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:54:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Poke around the EE...ARMS #36s pop up from time to time.  There was an SEX (lol), the really long one, ofr sale for $65 last week.  You want the EX version.

Another very affordable alternative is the Yankee Hill partial risers....they come in 5" and 7".  I ordered one of the 5" ones, but it hasn't gotten here yet...maybe today, if I'm lucky.  

Are you using this riser to move the scope forward some? If not, you can mount your optics right to the flat top...using the appropriate ring heights.  Also, how many scopes are you going to need to mount?

The best solution, but the most expensive, is just to get a couple of LaRue SPR mounts, one in 30mm and the other in 1".  The LaRue is rock solid, and even the SPR will move the scope forward to provide better eye relief.  Of course, at around $200 a pop, my wallet cringes everytime I think about ordering one.  They are great mounts, though.  

I'm asking this because you may be looking at something you don't need...get high enough rings, and you can skip the riser, *unless* you need the additional mounting surface to move the scope forward.      
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top