Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 2:31:35 PM EDT
It took me awhile, but I think I've finally determined my iron sight preferences.  What are your iron sight preferences and why?

I like A1 sights.  I don't need the elevation adjustment on the A2 rear sight.  I rarely get to shoot at anything beyond 100 yards, let alone something at 600 or 800 yards.

On my M16A1 lookalike, I prefer an A2 aperture with a Merchant Rear Sight Aperture Set and the Tritium front post that came with the rifle.  I use the smallest insert in the short range aperture for zeroing and precise shooting (since I don't get many opportunities to use the long-range aperture) and remove the insert for plinking.  I store the rifle without the insert "just in case."  This gives me "same plane" benefits with smaller holes and without giving up the long range A2 aperture.  I tried an Ashley Outdoor same plane aperture on the rifle, but didn't like it (both holes were too big for my taste on the rifle).

I have a Cav. Arms Stand Alone Rear Sight on my carbine.  I like Ashley Outdoors same plane plane aperture on the carbine.  The big hole is quick and the little hole is just right with the standard FSB and front sight post.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top