Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/16/2005 6:59:01 AM EDT
I need a rail riser lower than the standard 1/2 inch made by YHM, GGG, ETC....
Any 3/8 inch risers?
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:37:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:09:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pic of my Knight's riser that is 7/16" tall... Has their 300m sight built in:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks Paul and Altav for your help.
Here's my problem.I have a IR laser(center) with a illuminator on the side.The laser clears my front KAC flip up(barely) but the illuminator reflects back on the mounting screw(on the sight).If I use a 1/2 - 7/16 riser under the laser, I can't see my irons when deployed.I need a 3/8 or lower riser.See pics for better idea.

side view

front view
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:39:23 AM EDT
[#4]
What kind of Laser is that? I am all about mounting the laser on top as it minimizes the shift but you might wind up having to go with a bottom mount position to deal with the sight being an odd height off of the rail.

IPSC_GUY
SIERRA II ALPHA
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a Russian HTH-212 www.rusmilitary.com/html/ir_module.htm I bought mine before they double the price a few months back.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:17:06 AM EDT
[#6]
Depending on how that laser mounts to the handguard you might be able to use an eotech mount, but it would only work if it mounted with one notch.

I can't tell how many notches this one has but it might be worth inquiring about.

www.dlsports.com/eotech_halo_sights.html

The YHM eotech mount might also be a possibility.

www.yhm.net/store/rails.html

Other than that, I don't think there is anything that low.

good luck.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:43:17 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Depending on how that laser mounts to the handguard you might be able to use an eotech mount, but it would only work if it mounted with one notch.

I can't tell how many notches this one has but it might be worth inquiring about.

www.dlsports.com/eotech_halo_sights.html

The YHM eotech mount might also be a possibility.

www.yhm.net/store/rails.html

Other than that, I don't think there is anything that low.

good luck.

Thanks Ridge!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top