Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/15/2005 9:13:49 PM EDT
Anyone carry just the LaRue locking latch?  I would like to upgrade w/o buying a new mount.

And before anyone jumps on me how the LaRue mount cannot be upgraded because not only is the latch different, the mount is as well.  My mount has this milled into it but with the old style latch.

(borrowed picture from G&R Tactical)
It looks like all I need is the roll pin and the hood for the latch.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I would call Larue...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:38:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Dace,

Look closely. The new mount has a special catch with rounded end on the base (behind the nut) so the sliding latch has something to anchor to. Looks like an upgrade is not possible.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:46:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Dace,

Look closely. The new mount has a special catch with rounded end on the base (behind the nut) so the sliding latch has something to anchor to. Looks like an upgrade is not possible.

My mount has that little milled catch already on it.  My mount looks exactly like the one shown, only I dont have the latch cover.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 5:51:55 AM EDT
[#4]
no one better to contact then larue themselves.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top