Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 6:28:30 PM EDT
Thinking of upgrading from my compact acog to a ta31rco. I originaly bought the compact acog back when acogs where really hard to get because of most of them going to iraq. This will be for a A2 style m4gery. Can this optic be mounted to a A2 without any specific mounts? Is there a "peep hole" on the mount so you can still use your iron sights like on a compact acog. Also im interested in a actual picture of the reticle if anyone can manage. The illustrations just dont do it for me. Suggestions for another optic also welcomed. Been spending all kinds of money on this M4gery lately after I upgrade the optic I will have spent a small fortune lol.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 7:49:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 2:30:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Well the compact acog is great. I didnt have much choice back then but its a Amber colored dot reticle I am looking for something with more magnification and chevron or maybe donut reticle. Perhaps a TA31. Dont see many full sized acogs mounted on A2's however. Guess i just need to do more research.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:44:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I would suggest that if you know where a TA31F-RCO is located, and you may want one, snap it up.  With the Marines ordering 100,000+, there probably won't be many available for civilians for years to come.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Just bought (today) a TA31RCO-A4 from Cal's Sporting Armory (online). They still have A4's and M4's in stock. Looked through one last week at a gun show. The best ACOG yet.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:54:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Other then the reticle is there any real noticable difference between a TA31 and a RCO? I might be just better off with a TA31 I can live with a donut. Will the BDC be functional on a A2 with 16" bbl on a rco?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 12:49:57 PM EDT
[#8]
I believe (feel free to correct me) that the TA31 is a carry handle M193 55 gr. BDC model, whereas the TA31F has the "F" designation for "Flattop." The TA31F is for the 16 in bbl using M855, and the TA31 is for the 20 in. bbl using M193. That's really the major difference. The RCO is a 20 in. (or 16 in.) bbl flattop model for M855.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top