Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/14/2005 7:36:12 AM EDT
Has anyone ever used a Burris XTS- 135?

It looks pretty promising but, I haven't heard much about it at all.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 2:56:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump and link to product:

www.burrisoptics.com/tactical2.html
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been had one for T&E for a week or so.
So far I like it very well.
It's been bounced around, subjected to rain and dirt, and used for the past 1000 rounds or so.
Still holds zero and works great.
I wrote a review over on another web site.
www.getoffthex.com
The UPS fairy dropped off a new Burris Xtreme Tactical SpeedDot red dot sight today.
Company line here: www.burrisoptics.com/tactical2.html
Initial impressions are very favorable.
Fit and finish are excellent, no blemishes, smooth finish, lens caps are sturdy and snap into place, all knobs and battery cover are aluminum. The rheostat clicks solidly and a nice feature is you can turn straight to the highest setting or the lowest from the off position. Country of origin is S.Korea.
It mounted up in an ARMS Comp II M68 perfectly. Sighting in was a breeze, lined it up with my irons and was about 1" off at 50 yards. A few clicks and it was dead on. The windage/elevation adjustments are very positive clicks (no twist and pray).
The 3 moa dot is extremely well defined, no fuzz or blur at all. The sight does have a slight blue tint but it doesn't effect the performance. I was shooting almost straight into the setting sun and had no washout issues and kept the dot on setting 6 out of 11. Setting 1 is bright, so NVG is definately out of the question. In a darkened room, setting 1 is bright enough to see, but isn't overpowering (although a slightly lower initial setting would be better IMO. On setting 11 I could look almost directly into the sun and still see the dot.
After zeroing, I ran a few mags through and did a few drills then returned to the bench. It held zero perfectly.
I plan on running a few thousand rounds through this gun/sight combo, along with a couple of carbine courses to test durability. I'm hoping for some shitty weather to test its waterproofing and fog resistance.
So far though it looks like it is a excellent optic for the price ($200). Definately a poor mans Aimpoint alternative.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top