Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 6:40:37 PM EDT
Seeing as how I don't have a good $700-$1300 bucks to spend on an ACOG, I've been trying to find some of Trijicon's knock-off replicas...

I found a few from Florida GunWorkds, looks to be pretty good stuff.

Here they have 3 different kinds of ACOG's: Fake ACOG's

So, I suppose my questions are, does anyone around here have any of the fake ACOG's?
If so, how good are they?
What kind of reticles do they have?
Who is the manufacturer of the fake ACOG?

Anyone have any horror stories from a fake ACOG?

I'm really happy with the optics I have right now, but I've been wanting something to spice things up a bit, and I would love a legit ACOG, but I'm a poor bastard and the only thing I'd be even close to getting would be one of the knock-offs.

Thanks ARFers

-Covert
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:45:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:49:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Bu... Bu.... *sniffle*.... But.... I want one! I want one NOW!

lol

I have never been real turned on to the Aimpoint or EOTech's... Dunno why, just not my brand ya know...

Suppose I'll have to steal some ACOG's from a gunshow or something, lol.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:52:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No Tritium Illumination in the fine print.

I'll pass.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:54:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Eh, I don't really want illumination, I already have a nice lil scope that has that. It's nice and all, but I'd just rather stick with the sleek looking ACOG with decent set of rangefinding/Mil Dot reticle :-)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:06:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:33:32 PM EDT
[#6]

To me, and I would guess most people who arent ignorant, a good, solid set of iron sights looks and work better than a cheap ass scope. Im serious.

True, I back that up as well.

I just wanted something similar to Trijicon's ACOGs but not as expensive. I probably wouldn't mind dropping $300 down on something, but since it's a knock-off, you're right, really can't trust it.

The IDEAL scope that I would want, if I was going to pay more than a grand for, would be the 10x Mil Dot Unertl scope that the USMC Scout/Snipers (8541) use. Mmmmh, now "there" is a set of eyes for me :-)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't tell you about fake ACOGs other then they will be AIRSOFT toy scopes.  

but I will tell you, I have read too many post of different gun boards about people having bad experience with florida gun works,   I would never deal with them.........plus the fact the items that they have are rediculously over priced.........in short , find another place to buy the knock off ACOGs.......it will be cheaper, and you will get it.

just put in AIRSOFT ACOG in a search engine, and there will be pages to choose from.........the going price on a TA01NSN model is something like 200 bucks...........but I don't know how good they are.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 9:50:05 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll just stick with the optics I have now. I'm pretty content with them but I'm a sniper fanatic so any kind of scope I start to fall in love with, I usually go nuts over it for awhile until I buy something that will satisfy my taste lol

There's a gunshow coming here at the end of the month, so I'll probably pick up some nice little goodies there :-)
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:08:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Eh, I don't really want illumination, I already have a nice lil scope that has that. It's nice and all, but I'd just rather stick with the sleek looking ACOG with decent set of rangefinding/Mil Dot reticle :-)

what is the point of getting an acog then???

the bullet drop will vary anyways and there are other scopes that would fit the bill a lot better than any acog copy.

no sense in buying a copy that only looks like it on the outside but doesnt offer any of the performance of the real thing

unless you're an airsofter wannabe!
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 11:09:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 12:26:49 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Suppose I'll have to steal some ACOG's from a gunshow or something, lol.

And buying a knock off replica isn't stealing?

Stay on the airsoft board with the other toy tards.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 6:36:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Earl, we need a closed thread on aisle 7!

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:21:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Aren't these the scopes that Trijicon sued for did something to NCStar for copyright infringement?  I think Trijicon would like to know Florida Gun Works is still selling them.  It may be their undoing.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 10:58:20 AM EDT
[#14]
Hmmm, maybe. I'll email Trijicon and see if they'd be interested in taking a peek at'em.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Give me a call and I will help you get something reliable at a good price!

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]
Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

Hey Mike, he's just going to steal one at the gun show today remember.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:25:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Give me a call and I will help you get something reliable at a good price!

www.csgunworks.com
[email protected]
Here’s some testimonials about CS GunWorks for AR15 Board
What do YOU have to say about CS GunWorks

Hey Mike, he's just going to steal one at the gun show today remember.

Wow, would you like to borrow my User's Guide to Sarcasm?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:27:46 PM EDT
[#18]
BTW Thanks CSGunWorkscom, I looked into EOTech, the new 550 AA's look like a hot little toy, I'll probably give-in to one of thsoe :-)

Thanks ARFers

-Covert
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:42:59 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:56:54 PM EDT
[#20]
True, but like I said, once I take a liking towards a certain kind of optics and certain types of reticles... I'm hooked, and I usually break down and buy'em :-).

Which usually is never really an issue, because the majority of the optics I've purchased, have been wholesale price at the Indy Gun & Knife Show. A lot of stuff they have there are crap, but if you look in the right spots and know what you're looking for, you can find what you want at a great price!

I got a really nice Leapers 4x32 Mil Dot reticle scope with Red & Green Illumination for only $60, and that was at the beginning of last year. The last set of optics I got from the Gunshow was a BSA 4-16x Mil Dot for about $90... Both scopes I'm really happy with, but I'm just a fanatic for juicy eyecandy harris

-Covert
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 1:58:05 PM EDT
[#21]
Dude your wasting your money and supporting the foriegn economy. If you are really desperate look at the Leupold line. Lifetime warranty and excellent optics. I have owned several Trijicons and they are pumped with alot of hype. Unless you are in a combat situation or use the optic for serious work, there are affordable alternatives.

Fact 40% of ACOG owners sell before the are even shot or sighted in.

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:03:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:11:31 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
....Fact 40% of ACOG owners sell before the are even shot or sighted in.

How can you possibly come up with this number?

Back on topic. For something that serves a serious purpose as an optic, I'd stick with a known name. Why even consider a fake ACOG? Is it for looks?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:12:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Where did you get this "fact" from?
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Fact:  99% of the facts put out on internet chat forums are wrong.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:18:35 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

I'll just let that one speak for itself
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:07:35 PM EDT
[#28]
SAVE YOUR CASH AND BUY THE REAL THING THAT WILL LAST. nuff said
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:25:54 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:27:54 PM EDT
[#30]
topic off track/silly answers
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top