Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/12/2005 3:15:30 PM EDT
What excactly is the "same plane" aperature with the 40L BUIS (which is an option) and how is it different from the standard aperatue that comes on the ARMS 40L?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Either the small or  large  aperture can be selected without changing the point of impact.

On a non-SP the small aperture raises the POI by 6 inches @ 100  over the big aperture.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 10:31:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Alwaystryin,
Ok, a simple enough answer. But now I wonder what the logic is for buying the standard (non same plane) BUIS is.
I can understand having a standard sight that compensates an inch or two at 100 yards, but not understand why I'd want a sight that holds 6" higher!????

If I understand it right, most folks would desire the "same plane" sights.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:41:07 AM EDT
[#3]
When you use the irons at longer ranges the small aperture is used as a BDC.

In my opinion BDC is not so important on a BUIS, and could make you miss @ 100 yds if the wrong aperture is selected.

Link Posted: 8/15/2005 4:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep....I figure it's a lot less complicated to just know where your "same plane" sight will fire and do your own compensating at longer ranges.

Thanks Alwaystrying for the esplainin it to me!

Seems like their ought to be some other folks thanking you too, as their was 130 hits on this thread with nobody offering any input. I'm assuming a lot of them just learned something too! (....unless they are just a lot of perverts that already knew but just enjoy peeping and watching in on a guy named "Alwaystryin" at work.   )  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 6:17:11 AM EDT
[#5]
This answered questions I've had about the ARMS 40L and 40L SP. What, however, is BDC? Thanks.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top