Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/12/2005 11:41:19 AM EDT
Are there any places that have done a loarge amount or optics reviews?  I am curious to find out if some of the mid range magnifying optics have been tested.  I can find ACOG and aimpoint reviews all day long, but I would like to find reviews and tests of hunting type scopes.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Got any specific makes/models in mind....you're covering a LOT of equipment in your post.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
OK, decent 3-9 or 4-12 scopes under $600.  I've got a Nikon on one of my hunting rifles, and I really like it, but was curious what was out there besides for the uber tactical scopes that would be a decent and durable scope for my flat top AR.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn...I thought I posted this earlier.

Check out the Weaver Grand Slam...I think it's by far the best thing in it's price range...$325 or so, depending on which model you get.

Very clear and bright glass, and a rear quick focus knob.  

The Trijicon Accupoint is a really cool scope...it's under $600...if you don't mind a like new demo, the sample list has a red triange and an amber triangle for $399 each.  I just paid $535 for mine.  If I wasn't so damn broke, I'd grab another one in a heartbeat.  They have 1 3x9 for $419.

You should look at some Burris Black Diamonds, some of the middle/upper Leupolds, IOR.  There's lots of good stuff out there in that price range.    
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Somewhat on the same topic, has anyone used Leupolds 1-4 EuropeanI was thinking the German ret and 30mm tube would be great for fast, well lit shooting.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:49:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I absolutely love my series II Sightrons. Have one 6-24 and two 4-16's. All mil-dot reticles in my case but they have models that are offered in plex and dot also.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:12:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Are there any places that have done a loarge amount or optics reviews?  I am curious to find out if some of the mid range magnifying optics have been tested.  I can find ACOG and aimpoint reviews all day long, but I would like to find reviews and tests of hunting type scopes.

www.MD-AR15.com has a number of reviews.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top