Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/11/2005 2:00:33 PM EDT
Had to replace my front sight post today on my M4. I took one out of an M16. Is there any Diffrence? I zeroed it and noticed that its pretty close to being unscrewed out of it. Is the post longer on a M4?
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The posts should be the same height. The M4 and M16A2 front sight bases are different though, with the M4 being taller.

If your M4 upper is not a Colt, then you need the .040" taller front sight post that Bushmaster sells.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#2]
K thanks
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Had to replace my front sight post today on my M4. I took one out of an M16. Is there any Diffrence? I zeroed it and noticed that its pretty close to being unscrewed out of it. Is the post longer on a M4?

This has nothing to do with carbines and rifles.  The difference is between fixed handles and flattops.

I have to go over this every time this thread comes up.  There are only about 3 people, including me, on this site that know this.  As much as this thread comes up, you think there would be more.

Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:20:34 AM EDT
[#4]
Make that 4.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 6:22:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The posts should be the same height. The M4 and M16A2 front sight bases are different though, with the M4 being taller.

If your M4 upper is not a Colt, then you need the .040" taller front sight post that Bushmaster sells.

M4M is correct, but to clarify one thing - the machined shelf that the sight post sits in is higher, the FSBs themselves has basically the same external dimensions.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top