Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/10/2005 6:48:36 AM EDT
Which model QD Larue, ARMS, (or ???) will work?

I plan to shoot 25 yards to 100 yards, and want a Quick Detachable base on my Colt 6721 flat top that will maintain zero if I desire to do BUIS shooting too.  I'll probably use a standard 2X-7X sporting scope with a 1 7/8 " front objective. I intend to leave the front post on the rifle and not change the Colt hand guard.  

Which mount do you recommend, will any standard #40 BUIS fit with it, and will the mount allow proper positioning of the scope so I don't have eye relief problems?

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:58:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:30:45 AM EDT
[#2]
appreciate it.....

......now would you mind answering my e mail I sent you last night inquiring about the Chip McCormick trigger?  

Randall

EDIT; Another dealer who I had done business with here, informed me by phone that he never received either of  my  2  emails generated from ARFCOM due to blocker security. If this is the case kindly let me know.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:24:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Michael,
Thank you for the quick follow up to McCormick to check the status, and the email you sent to inform me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:38:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Well, I had no choice but to start calling around to the manufacturers (bending their ear with a lot of questions)....and to check the ARFCOM archives (which isn't easy on this sight due to the limitations placed on the available forums and time periods) Yep, a man's gotta do what a mans gotta due, even if it's having to yap up a storm on the phone like a woman! (or worse....a newbie!)

IF ANYBODY CARES TO KNOW FOR THEIR OWN REFERENCE .....

I found that the Larue LT104, with an ARMS BUIS 40L is the best way to go. Some mounts will just plain not allow space for a BUIS, and others just aren't the best devices for maintaining zero POI.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top