Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/9/2005 6:09:28 PM EDT
I currently use an ARMS #40 on my BM M4gery and i'm sick of having to flip the aperture when I want to fold down the sight. I'll keep it to use in conjunction with my ACOG which will come later for another build.

I'd like to know how sturdy it is and does anyone find the LMT BUIS to be better for co-witnessing with the M2 AimPoint. I'll be using an ARMS #22M68 with full spacer on my A3.

Does the LMT have both apertures? Isn't the LMT just a fancy chopped carry handle?

Thanks

HS1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 6:41:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I have an LMT that I don't need anymore because not a month after I bought it I sold my EOtech to help my glock 19 fund, it was just getting too hot for the glock 22.  I have never used it in conjunction with an aimpoint but i have pictures of that set-up from when I was doing research on it.  It worked great with the eothingy.  Yes it has both the small and large apetures.  

If you are interested let me know.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:24:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thanks. Was the LMT BUIS distracting w/the EOTech as far as close range (>50M) target engagement goes?

I've spent a little time behind an AimPoint mounted onto an ARMS #39 A2 that belongs to Echo6. Forward of the carry handle. The co-witness with the A2 Iron Sights & AP felt really natural. From the get go, I had no problem with rapid accurate engagement of targets under 50 yards. The range is 150 yards +/- to the back berm and hitting propane tanks offhand was surprisingly easy.

Should I expect something different with the LMT & A3 upper vs. A2 irons and the AimPoint mounted onto an ARMS #39 A2.

It seems to be about the same except the AP is further forward on E6's rig.

HS1
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 9:53:53 PM EDT
[#3]
The LMT rear site is basically a streamlined CCH.

It should put the sites at the same height as an A2.

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:17:00 AM EDT
[#4]
The LMT is made of steel. A carry handle is aluminum. So the LMT is durable but heavier. It does use the A2 rear sight aperture. It works great with the ARMS 22M68 and full spacer, or cantilever spacer as seen on my dissy.

Some prefer a folding BUIS for a less cluttered view. Some prefer a fixed BUIS for durability and simplicity. Its all about you and your eyes. What works for you is what you should use. You will not regret buying an LMT if you want a fixed A2 style sight. The LaRue is the choice for a simple fixed A1 style sight. Its cheaper, and lighter. (But I don't have one yet.)

Many here like to argue about cowitnessing, but I'll just say this. It works great.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:23:23 PM EDT
[#5]
I use too have a LMT BUIS on my M4 but have since switched to the Troy Industries BUIS which also has the dual aperature.  Nothing wrong with the LMT but after playing around with it for a while I figured it wasn't my cup of tea.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:21:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got a LMT on my Rocky with an Aimpoint and cantilever mount.  It co-witnesses perfectly.  I did swap out the A2 aperture for an XS same plane aperture.  I like this better than the A2 since the long range hole is larger and  helps me with the sight picture on my carbine.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 4:11:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I have an LMT that I don't need anymore because not a month after I bought it I sold my EOtech to help my glock 19 fund, it was just getting too hot for the glock 22.  I have never used it in conjunction with an aimpoint but i have pictures of that set-up from when I was doing research on it.  It worked great with the eothingy.  Yes it has both the small and large apetures.  

I'm interested....did you have any problem co-witnessing with the EOTech?  IM or e-mail me with a price and hopefully we can work something out.  
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top