Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 5:05:03 PM EDT
I am working on my last AR buid, this will be number eight and I am calling it quits after this one.  I want to put a 4 x 32 ACOG on this one and was wondering about the front post interfering in the view.  Do you see it at all?  All of my AR's have the Weaver gas blocks and I use various BUIS on each one.

I am considering a standard A4 upper for the next one and going with a standard front sight.  But if the front post can be seen with the ACOG, I will go with a Weaver GB.

Any helps and comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

77Bronc
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 5:12:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Not visible. Mount it!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:26:30 AM EDT
[#2]

I have a TA11 on a 20" and on a bright sunny day I can pick up a bit of a shadow in the bottom of my field of view.  It doesn't block out any of the target just makes it a little darker.  I really don't notice it unless I'm looking for it.  YOu should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:50:25 AM EDT
[#3]
you will see a slight blur if anything.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:52:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Actually,
The font sight post bothers me quite a bit. It dosn't effect the accuracy, the shadow jus distracts me.

I have a, ARMS #38 riser for the firearm the ACOG is mounted on.  Works great.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:59:07 AM EDT
[#5]

FWIW - I would be more worried about cheekweld than a slight shadow.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 6:22:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the TA11 on mine and yes I saw the blur.  It bothered me so I had the post taken off...more money spent!  Given a choice, I would not have a fixed front sight post on an AR with an ACOG.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:36:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 11:48:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I am working on my last AR buid, this will be number eight and I am calling it quits after this one. I want to put a 4 x 32 ACOG on this one and was wondering about the front post interfering in the view. Do you see it at all? All of my AR's have the Weaver gas blocks and I use various BUIS on each one.

I am considering a standard A4 upper for the next one and going with a standard front sight. But if the front post can be seen with the ACOG, I will go with a Weaver GB.

Any helps and comments will be appreciated.

Thanks,

77Bronc

First, you'll be fine and won't notice the post.

Second, never say never!!
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top